It’s on everyone’s minds. How do we proceed with “the new normal” while COVID-19 is still an issue in our community.
You may be wondering – now that the warm weather is here – if you can book an outdoor photo shoot with your favourite photographer. Is it safe? Is it legal? Read on to find out.
As of writing this blog post, current government regulations do not permit me to operate. But there is hope that photographers, among others, will be included in the next stage of re-opening in Ontario. When I do re-open, know that I will do so with the safety of your family (and mine) as my absolute top priority.
So what will this look like?
Following government regulations and industry best practices, below are some of the ever-evolving procedures I will be putting in place until a vaccine has been widely distributed and/or our government deems it safe to resume normal operations.
- Payments will only be accepted electronically.
- All booking forms will have been updated with a COVID-19 questionnaire and acknowledgement statements.
In My Home Studio:
- I will conduct all studio sessions while wearing a face mask for the entire duration of our session.
- An air purifier will be operating before, during, and after your session.
- Newborn studio sessions (once permitted) will also be conducted with a face mask and with gloves, as an additional measure of protection for your little one.
- If you’ve booked a Cake Smash, know that I will ask you to remove the cake from the bakery package and place it on your chosen cake stand. I will have no contact with the cake or your baby during this special session, but I will direct you to help and position your baby during the shoot.
- Only one studio client will be booked per day, allowing me enough time to clean and sanitize all touch surfaces, backdrops, clothing, and props.
- Extra hand sanitizer and masks will be available to you in my studio to use before and after your session.
- Ample plastic bags will be available to you to take away any garbage you may produce (diapers, tissues, coffee cups, etc.) with you.
Outdoors & In Your Home:
- Your outdoor or in-home group and family sessions will be conducted with a minimum 6 foot distance between myself and your family. I will provide direction on posing, as needed, without any physical contact.
- I may elect to wear a mask for the duration of our session, depending on the circumstances.
The above is certainly not an exhaustive list, and will continue to evolve as directions from all levels of government emerge.
It is my absolute firm belief that your photography session with me can be conducted even more safely than a trip to the grocery store. I want you to have fun but I also want you to feel safe and relaxed, knowing that I am taking direction from the best in the industry as well as from our government.
Even if you end up booking with another baby photographer or family photographer, ensure that they are aware of the current safety regulations and are following best practices to keep you and your family safe.
Stay healthy and I hope to see you soon!